As part of the international research activities, the Leverhulme network partners host a series of parallel workshops at local level. The workshops bring together interested researchers, practitioners and policy-makers in discussion about current trends and future requirements concerning various urban sustainability frameworks. In addition to contributing to capacity-building on the ground, the findings of the workshops will feed into the international report to be published by the consortium.
The table below lists the dates of the workshops in each of the participating countries. Individual programmes can be viewed by clicking on the links.
Workshop 1 – Taking stock: current research, policy & practice in ‘eco-city’ indicators, standards and frameworks
- UK – 28 June 2013: synthesis report.
- Canada – 13 September 2013: programme and synthesis report.
- China – 25-26 July 2013: programme and synthesis report.
- Germany – 21 September 2013: programme, synthesis report and video.
- South Korea – 29 August 2013: programme and synthesis report.
Workshop 2 – Moving towards implementation: evaluating the use of ‘eco-city’ frameworks in a variety of local, national and international contexts
- UK – 1 May 2014: programme and synthesis report.
- UK – 26 June 2014: programme and synthesis report.
- Canada – 1 May 2014: programme.
- China – 8-11 June 2014: programme.
- Germany – 20-21 June 2014: programme and synthesis report.
- South Korea – 8-11 June 2014: synthesis report.
Workshop 3 – Eco-City frameworks at a crossroads