- One fee waiver (Home/EU rate) and £16,000 per year for three years
- Up to two fee waivers (Home/EU rate) and £5,000 per year for three years
Please note that while overseas fee-paying students may apply, the fee waived would be at the home/EU rate and successful applicants will need to pay the difference in the tuition fee if assessed as overseas. Successful candidates will be expected to undertake some teaching duties as part of the studentship.
Applications are sought from high-quality prospective doctoral students who will contribute to at least one of the core areas of research within the Centre for the Study of Democracy listed below. The first two are of particular relevance to the International Eco-Cities Initiative.
- Contemporary democratic theory and governance
- Resilience and sustainability
- Gender and sexuality
- Post-colonial politics, development and emerging powers
- Security, violence and international relations
- Critical international theory
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 27 April 2018 and interviews will be held on 12 June 2018.
More information, including how to apply, can be found on the Politics and International Relations research studentships page.